In the morning Lisa and I took a private took of the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts. It is brand new, and was designed by Moshe Safdie.
Since it was a beautiful day, we went back to the WWI museum, so I could take some pictures from the top of the Liberty Tower. It was still freezing at the top, but the views were great. When I came back down the elevator didn't go all the way to the bottom, so we had to go all the way to the top and back down again. This time the elevator doors opened.
Next we went to Union Station. It is much more than a train station, and has a planetarium, a science museum, and many other things. They were just starting to put up the Christmas Tree,
Our next stop, once we found it, was the American Royal. Built where the Kansas City stock yards used to be, it is a venue for horse and cattle shows. They have a small museum, which they opened up specially for us. There was also a horse contest going on, but we didn't stay to watch.
While Lisa got some gas, I went to the AAA office, to get some maps and information for my trip to St. Louis.
After that we went home.
In the afternoon, I drove to independence, MO, birthplace of Harry Truman.
I wanted to visit Muriel's grave, I found the cemetery, but could not find the grave, and there was no one there to help.
I visited the Truman Library, which describes Truman's life as a president and as a private citizen. There was even a section about his recognition of Israel with a Tora that was given to him by Chaim Weizmann.
I missed one of the exits on the way, but thanks to my trusty GPS, made it back with no problem.
In the evening, David and I went to Blanc Burgers and Bottles for supper. After supper we tried to find some ice cream, but there was none to be had, and was starting to get cold.
We picked up Sabina from basketball practice on the way home.
Pictures
No comments:
Post a Comment