Dana took me to the bus, and I took it into New York.
I took the subway to east 86th st and walked over to the Ramaz Middle School.
I met with Lauren, who is the Director of Alumni Relations, and with Naftali, who I know from Hiking.
After leaving Ramaz, I took the bus to 58th street and Lexington Avenue, and walked over to the Hadassah Building at 50 west 58th, where I met Sharon, who was the director of Merkaz HaMagshimim in Jerusalem, and now works for Young Judea.
Next, I went to the AAA office on 62nd and Broadway for some information.
From there I walked down Broadway. My first stop was in Times Square for some lunch. I continued south passing near Macy's, where they were hanging Christmas lights and playing music.
I walked passed Madison Square (Broadway and 23rd), and Union Square (Broadway and 14th).
At Union Square I turned west. I called Pauline, and she invited my to her office to say hi.
We spent I very nice time together, and I showed her our family tree on Geni.
Pauline suggested I look at the High Line, which is what remains of the west side high railroad.
I walked down Washington Street and then down Greenwich street to Ground Zero.
After looking at the progress there and visiting the September 11th Memorial Preview, I walked down to Battery Park, passed the Occupy Wall Street camp.
By the time I got to Battery Park it was almost dark, so I took the subway back to the Port Authority Bus Station, and the bus back to Caldwell.
According to Google Maps, I walked about 7.2 Miles or 11.5 kilometers.
When Dana came home, we went to the synagogue for Maariv, and then out to supper at the local Chinese Restaurant down the street.
Pictures
No comments:
Post a Comment